Nov 7, 2018
Thank you for using SkyDesk Reports. We greatly appreciate your business.
We are planning to improve SkyDesk Reports with the following changes.
※The features described here may change before the release.
- Important Terminology Change
- Cool Preset Themes for Dashboards
- New settings to customize Interactions in Dashboards
- Enhancement for Dashboard User Filters
- Merging User Filters
- New Advanced Summarizing Functions for Pivot Table
- Share Selective Columns from your Tables
- Configure Lookup Path
- Revamped Share and Formula Dialog Interface
- Enhancements in Exporting
- Emailing Reports - Configurable From Address to handle DMARC
- Support to Pick Location for Geo Data
There will be important terminology change in SkyDesk Reports. This is just a terminology change and will not affect any of the existing functionality.
- Database renamed as Workspace
From now on, Reporting Database will be renamed as Workspace.
- Database Owner renamed as Workspace Administrators
The role, Database Owner (DB Owners) has been changed to Workspace Administrator. With this change, the user roles in SkyDesk Reports will be referred as follow.
- Database Owner will be referred as Workspace Administrator.
- Admin will be referred as Account Administrator.
Will introduce a set of six cool preset themes for Dashboards. Customizing themes will been enhanced and the entire dialog will be revamped.
As part of SkyDesk Reports 4.0 release, we are introducing a new set of options to customize the interactions in Dashboards. You can customize the following:
- Enable or disable drill down option for all charts in dashboard.
- Enable or disable view underlying data option for all reports in the dashboard
- Provide sort option for all grid views such as Table, Pivot etc., in the dashboard
- Enable or disable the Show/Hide Columns option for all tabular views such as Table,
- Enable or disable the contextual options menu, when you hover over each report in the dashboard.
These options are available only in the new 4.0 interface, which is currently in beta.
User Filters in the Dashboard will be anchored as you scroll.
So far, when you scroll down the Dashboard the User Filters were hidden.
Now, they will be retained till the end of the Dashboard while scrolling.
Now allows you to merge multiple user filters (Text Column) into a single a filter.
So far, the Dashboard User Filters are bound to a specific column in a table and will only filter the reports based on them.
Now, you can map similar columns into a single User Filter to filter all reports using the Merged User Filter.
Now supports the following advanced summarizing functions in Pivot Table to enhance the analytical ability.
- % of Row in Group - Displays the data in each cell as a percentage of the total value, of each row within a group.
- % of Column in Group- Displays the data in each cell as a percentage of the total value, of each column within a group.
- Lookup Value - Displays the data in each cell by fetching value from any of Previous/Next/First/Last cell, based on the Base Field selected.
Now allows sharing selective columns from your data table to your users.
So far, when you share a table all the columns will be shared to the user.
Now, you can choose columns to be shared.
Now allows you to customize the join path to be used for a report.
So far, you might have joined multiple tables using various Lookup columns in your Workspace.
Now, allows you to choose the appropriate Lookup path between tables to be used for report creation using the Configure Lookup Path option.
We will change the User Interface of the share and formula dialogs for an enhanced user experience.
- Share Dialog
The new Share dialog allows you to quickly share any view as well as customize the necessary settings.
- Formula Dialog
The new Formula dialog allows you to construct the formulas quickly by providing a wider editor space and easy access to insert functions and column.
- Exporting into SkyDesk Sheet
Now supports exporting Tables, Query Tables, Chart, Pivot Table and Summary View into SkyDesk Sheet.
For Chart, Pivot Table and Summary View you can either choose to export the underlying data or the summarized data of the current view into your SkyDesk Sheet account.
- Exporting Personal Data
Now, columns marked as personal will be excluded from export by default. This avoids accidentally sharing the personal data with others. However, you can choose to export them by explicitly selecting them.
Until now, the reports that you mail from SkyDesk Reports will be sent to the specified users from your email address. In case your receiver has set up DMARC for mail sender validation, then these emails might be blocked or sent to spam. To avoid this, you can now choose to mail the reports directly from SkyDesk Reports common mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Now, provides a Location picker to resolve the locations which are not identified due to mistakes in the data.
Previously, you needed to provide the Latitude and Longitude of the location to identify the location for Geo data.
Now, you can easily pick the location using in the Location Picker map.